Evergreen Early Years embraces childhood as a magical time. The nursery is designed to feel like a home away from home for children and their families and is a place where parents can feel confident that their children are receiving the very best care and education.
Evergreen Early Years strives for excellence in its approach to education which influences the Children’s daily life and prepares them for school.
- Provide a caring, engaging and stimulating environment to enable Children to develop outstanding learning and development.
- To provide activities, care and an environment that suits Children’s individual needs and the needs of their families.
- To provide an innovative, creative contemporary and progressive perspective on all aspects of Childcare for all Staff, Parents and Children.
- To improve and develop all physical aspects and environments.
- To promote health and happiness of all Children in our Nursery so that Children can feel relaxed, happy and safe.
- To create an environment where Children can have a sense of belonging and respond cooperatively with adults and other Children.
- To provide a varied diet, fresh air and vigorous leisure activities in a safe and carefully planned environment.
- To implement and promote equality of opportunity.
- To encourage and actively foster parental involvement and develop good relationships between staff, Children and Parents.
- To provide a flexible service to allow and encourage men and women to return to work with the confidence that their Children will be well catered for.
- To Facilitate and support Children’s education and learning in compliance with the Early year Foundation Stage learning goals through a planned, balanced and effective curriculum.
Evergreen at Queen’s Drive Primary
Evergreen Early Years is an independent all year round setting that is located on Queen’s Drive Primary School in Fulwood, Preston. The nursery is a self-contained unit and we cater for children from 2 to 4 years of age.
The nursery consists of two playrooms where activities and a wide variety of resources are available for children to access throughout the day. The layout of the nursery enables children to move freely between indoors and outdoors and explore their natural surroundings throughout the day. There is a raised area that is laid with synthetic grass and this is an extension of the playrooms. There is a main outdoor area that is fully secure and offers children the opportunity to explore in a natural environment. The outdoor environment lends itself to offering challenge, helping children learn how to be safe and to be aware of others, and to develop their gross motor skills.
Member Benefits, your child:
- Is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- Has the chance to join with other children and adults to play, work and learn together;
- Is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what he/she already knows and can do;
- Has a personal key worker who makes sure your child makes satisfying progress;
- Is in a nursery which sees you as a partner in helping your child to learn and develop.
Children start to learn about the world around them from the moment they are born. The care and education offered by Evergreen Early Years, helps children to continue to do this by providing all children with interesting activities that are appropriate for their age and stage of development. For children between the ages of 2 and 4, the nursery provides the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets the standards that all early years’ providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. It promotes teaching and learning to ensure children’s ‘school readiness’ and gives children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life.
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) seeks to provide:
- Quality and consistency in all early year’s settings, so that every child makes good progress and no child gets left behind;
- A secure foundation through learning and development opportunities which are planned around the needs and interests of each individual child and are assessed and reviewed regularly;
- Partnership working between practitioners and with parents and/or carers;
- Equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice, ensuring that every child is included and supported
- The nursery is open approximately 51 weeks per year.
- We are closed for approximately 1 week per year at Christmas.
- We are closed for all bank holidays.
- We are open 5 days per week.
- We offer full day care between the hours of 07.30am and 6.00pm.
- We provide care and education for young children between the ages of 2 and 4 years.